Winter Family Getaways
What’s a Family Getaway?
This winter we will be extending our cabin rentals and offering low-cost stays to our camp families and staff. You will be your own little “bubble” at camp, giving your family an opportunity to get up to the country for a few days. You will get to enjoy both the serenity of camp and the wonderful diversity of activities in the Berkshires, the Hudson Valley, and the Catskills.
Interesting! Tell me more!
- There will only be one group at the camp at any time
- The full-time camp staff are living on-site and they will be your hosts. They will ensure your lodging is ready for your arrival and give you an orientation when you arrive.
- The camp directors will provide you with a list of local restaurants that are available for outside dining or for takeout.
- The camp directors will also provide you with local attractions including places to hike, historic sites, and state parks. There’s even a drive-in movie theater nearby!
How much does this cost? And how long can we stay?
It costs $150 per night per family (up to six people – at least two adults). Minimum stay is 2 nights, see the calendar of Available Dates below.
- Each family must be willing to be screened upon arrival at the camp and each morning of their stay to ensure that they are not showing signs of COVID-19.
- The lodge will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each family. Common touchpoints around the camp will be cleaned regularly.
- Both staff and families will wear masks when it is not possible to be 6’ away from guests and follow all other social distancing protocols as outlined in the rules.
- For additional advice, please refer to the terms and conditions included in our email, provided upon booking.
- Camp Anne is located on 47 acres in the Berkshires within easy reach of Lakeville, CT, Great Barrington, MA and the Hudson Valley as well as State Parks such as Taconic State Park, Bish Bash Falls, Rudd Pond State Park. There are great day trip and dining out options in the local area and close to ski areas such
as Catamount (15mins) and Butternut (40mins).
- Great options are available for dining out in Copake (Dad’s Diner, Church Street Deli, The Clocktower Bar & Grill), Lakeville, CT (The Boathouse, The Black Rabbit) and Great Barrington, MA (Aroma - Indian Restaurant). There are many more great places to eat in Rhinebeck and Hudson.
- View a full list of local attractions
- View a tour of Camp Anne
Camp Anne – Accommodation
- Maple Lodge has a newly refurbished kitchen
- Bedrooms have queen size beds as well as twin over twin bunks
- Maple Lodge has two full bathrooms newly installed last winter
The Isaacson Gordon Lodge
- The Lodge sits on a beautiful 200-acre property nestled in the Catskill Mountains State Park. We’re ideally located to be perfectly remote yet within touching distance of quaint country towns of Hunter, Tannersville and Hudson.
- If you’re looking to escape the city and head to the mountains for a short winter break then the Lodge has the perfect ski chalet for you and the family. Our newly renovated chalet is cozy and secluded, nestled in the heart of the Catskill Mountains. The cabin has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen range, and wifi, making it a comfortable space for families up to 6 persons.
- We’re located in an ideal location for those who enjoy winter sports or beginners who’d like to give it a go. The Lodge is sandwiched between 2 ski resorts, both less than 20 minutes away by car. There is Windham Mountain, which has 54 trails spanning the 700 acres of the Windham range. Check out what’s happening on the mountain at their website.
- There’s also Hunter Mountain. Hunter boasts over 60 trails as well as snow tubing and events.
- Both resorts offer a variety of activities, ski runs for beginners and experts, as well as ski and snowboard lessons. Both resorts also have great bars and restaurants.
- View some images of the Lodge.
Lodge - Accommodation
- Newly renovated bedrooms
- Fully renovated eat-in kitchen
Traveling to Our Camps - Address Information
Camp Anne - 228 Four Corners Road, Ancramdale, NY 12503
The Lodge – 653 Colgate Road, East Jewett, NY 12424
Who does what?
- Provides hosting by the camp staff who will be available throughout your stay.
- Conducts a screening for all family members upon arrival and during each day of your stay. This consists of four questions and a quick temperature check.
- Provides recommendations for activities in the area and suggestions for places to eat lunch and dinner.
- Provide your own transportation
- Bring your own linens, pillows, sleeping bags, towels
- Bring all medications and provide any first aid needs for your family
- Follow all camp rules and socially distancing rules
- Pay in full before arrival at camp
- Submit signed waiver agreement prior to arrival at camp
- Supervise all children in your family under the age of 18
All dates listed are Fri-Sunday, midweek dates and longer stays are also available
including school holiday breaks. (please inquire):
- Dec 11th, Dec 18th
- Jan 1st, Jan 8th, Jan 15th, Jan 22nd, Jan 29th
- Feb 5th, Feb 12th, Feb 19th, Feb 26th
- Mar 5th, Mar 12th, Mar 19th, Mar 26th
AHRC NYC Staff Family Respite - Registration
For Camp Anne weekend requests please email:
For Lodge weekend requests please email: